Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cyber-bullying workshop

I attended the cyber-bullying workshop today. One of my favorite things I learned was to use the terms "virtual world" and "physical world" instead of "real world". Teens tend to tune you out when you try to talk to them about the real world, since they are convinced you, as an adult, have no idea what goes on in the real world. We received information about facebook privacy settings and resources for texting safety tips. It was helpful to someone like me who has 2 teens of my own.

1 comment:

Janlee said...

I've always known I didn't live in the "real" world! The "Cyber-bullying workshop" was a little dull at first. That was mostly because no one talked. I liked the facebook part best. Especially when I learned how to delete/unfriend someone.