The #makeithappen Team is:
- Georgie Dawson
- Melissa Foltz
- Chris McGee
- Aliceana Onley
- Susie Poper
- Connie Savage
- Regina Spiker
- Julie Zamostny
The Team Hopes & Concerns:
The team started the meeting by sharing their hopes and concerns about the Summit process and the event itself.
- We hope the event will be received as a success by all parties
- We hope we're able to embrace the "anything's possible" mindset but at the same time narrow down and focus the day around the theme of innovation and imagination
- We're concerned about addressing our colleagues' concerns regarding having the event at FSU. We're excited about it so, how do we convey that excitement to others?
- We hope we're able to create the day so that everyone can leave the summit saying they have one (1) thing that they can practically apply at their jobs in the library
- We are concerned that the blog isn't the best way for the team to communicate with each other so, Julie will post to the blog on the team's behalf while the team will continue to communicate with each other via email.
- We hope we are able to provide an experience that is meaningful to everyone regardless of the role played in the library
Please do not arrive before 9:30am - that's when breakfast will be available and the team will have everything ready for the day.
The team is creating an online survey to ask you, the library staff in Allegany, Garrett, and Washington counties to tell us what you want to be able to do by the time you leave FSU on November 11th. So, start thinking about all those practical skills you wish you had or could polish up. We'll be sending the survey on March 13th.
1. The regional nature of the event (encompasses all 3 counties plus WMRL)
2. The theme of Innovation Meets Imagination
The aforementioned survey will also ask you to tell the team whether or not you'd take advantage of group transportation (i.e. a rental van) if the team can provide one. We'll also be asking if you'd be willing to drive group transportation (such as a rental van) if there is a need. The Team cannot be group transportation drivers as we'll be on-site a couple hours before the event begins.
Aramark is the company with whom FSU contracts with to provide their catering services. I'll be contacting them this week to find out when the team can meet to decide upon the breakfast and lunch menus. We are aware of folks who enjoy a vegetarian lifestyle so we will definitely be providing vegetarian options however, if you are vegan or have other dietary requirements/concerns, please let one of us know ASAP so we may do our best to accommodate your needs as well.
Our next team meeting is on April 22nd at 1pm. Location is TBD.