If you're a public library employee in Allegany, Garrett, or Washington counties then it is being delivered to your work's email inboxes! If you're not receiving it at work or would rather receive it at a personal email account, please let me (email@example.com) know at which email address you'd prefer to receive The Wave.
Why bother receiving and reading The Wave? Good question.
It's still new so we try to change up the content with each issue (it's published every other month) but there are a few staple ingredients that might pique your interest:
- Staff Spotlight: every issue our very talented Dennis McPherson interviews a staff member from one of the library systems. We rotate between WCFL, ACLS, RELIB, and WMRL. Who knows? You might be in the spotlight next!
- County Spotlight: similar to the staff spotlight, the county spotlight highlights what's new and exciting at the county level. We rotate this content as we do the staff spotlight. Who knows, maybe you'll find your next best idea by reading about what one of your colleagues has done just a couple hours away?
- Training Spotlight: Don't have time to read all of my workshop emails or to check the MERLIN calendar for training events? No problem. In every issue of The Wave there will be one upcoming training event highlighted complete with date, time, location, and registration information.
- Did You Know: This is still a fairly new feature but it seems to be popular so, we're going to keep it going for now. This is another video segment where staff from the Regional share interesting facts and updates at the local, state, and national levels. Stay tuned to see who might be hosting the next episode!
- More video content!
- A contest which could win you a $20 gift certificate to a vendor of your choice!
- Plus more ... I wouldn't want to give it all away, now would I?