Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Protecting Your Online Presence

I attended the workshop 'Protecting Your Online Presence' given by Maurice Coleman. I signed up for this workshop because I teach computer classes at the library, and I like to get as much information as I can. I learned that one can never be too careful while out there on the Internet. People should be aware that anything that is put on the Internet on public websites like Facebook can be viewed by anyone, even potential employers. There are ways to protect one's online activities through privacy settings, firewalls and virus scans. Vigilance is the key! Mr. Coleman is a great presenter. He uses humor to highlight his vast knowledge of his subject. I enjoyed this workshop, and will use the information I learned to help my students here at South Cumberland Library.

1 comment:

Marcella W said...

I attended this workshop primarily to learn more about Facebook. Mr. Coleman did an outstanding job! His presentation was lively and informative. I came away with a greater understanding of the security/privacy issues that come with using the Internet. The information presented is useful to me personally as well as my patrons.