Monday, October 5, 2015

Cybersecurity Workshop

The ACLS staff was fortunate to be able to attend a workshop dealing with Cybersecurity this morning.  It was presented by Mr. Biser who is a Certified Ethical Hacker.  That means he knows how to get into your computer and take information out of it. Luckily, he works for the police and is on the good side of the hacker world.  He was able to put a little fear into me and my colleagues by letting us know how easy it is for hackers to breach our private computers.  We learned ways to keep our information safe. Some easy ways are to have passwords that are hard to break, and to not download items or click links sent in emails from people we don't know.  I teach computer classes at South Cumberland Library, and I will pass on this information to my students so they can keep safe also.
Thanks!

No comments: