What is a podcast?: It's a digital recording that you can put on your computer or personal communication device.
Why do podcasts with teens?
- Record major events such as talent seaches, author visits, open mic nights
- Booktalking-this is a great way to get teens to review books and to share the reviews
- Showcase creative projects
- Discussions or information that you may want to share
- Archive important stories or information
PC microphone or digital voice recorder
For more information on he recording and uploading of the podcast, check out the YALSA site listed above!
Teen Podcasters Network www.teenpodcasters.com
Podcasts & Teens-Library Success: A Best Practices Wiki- www.libsuccess.org/index.php?title=Podcasts_%26_Teens
Podcasting 101 www.infotoday.com/cilmag/apr06/Eash.shtml
Podcasting Toolkit http://mashable.com/2007/07/04/podcasting-toolbox/
I am really interested in getting some of this going with my county. I know that Allegany is also working on this. If you are working on podcasting in your county/branch, please share your ideas!