Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Storytime Extravaganza

I loved the music, even though I have used some of it there was plenty of new. I also liked using a simple piece of yarn as a worm. Something that simple is really a creative idea. I always enjoy the sharing of books that others use during their story times. Fresh ideas are always nice and I will incorporate some of them into my programs. As for my a-ha moment, I keep going back to that piece of yarn that turned into a worm. Kind of sad isn't it? But I just can't believe that something that easy was so cute, and I didn't think of it on my own. My favorite part of the program was the sharing of music. I am always looking for new material and most of this was really neat. Especially the ways they jazzed it up like with the boots song. The only suggestion I would have is to not include material that is out of print. It is disappointing to see a book that you would love to have a copy of and then can't get it. You can tell Amanda and Tess work well together they really do a good job. 

2 comments:

lazysusandolls said...

Rinasry2Thanks to Amanda and Tess for a very informative and energy packed workshop. I gained a few pointers in the presentation concerning the use of music and the puppetry. I do not do storytimes all the time; however, if and when I pinch hit for our children's librarian I will feel more confidant now.
Thanks again for all the support documents provided. Additional bibliography would also be helpful.

barb said...

Great presentation. I will certainly use some of Tess and Amanda's suggestions for music and books. I enjoyed seeing their great collection of puppets and the workout with the parachute in the wind!