Monday, December 29, 2014

SRC Summit

Author Name: Marcella Whitmore
Library System: Washington County Free Library

Top 3 things learned:

1. Digital storytelling presentation gave me valuable information on how to
make custom instructional videos that I can incorporate in my library
programming at little or no cost.

2. Science of the Superhero presentation provided an overview on drawing the
human figure/superhero; it gave some nice tips showing how the perspective
(e.g. bird's eye view vs. worm's eye view) determines how figure should be
drawn.

3. SRC Share-o-Rama was the most informative part of the day; it was
interesting and useful to see what the other counties did for SRC. I learned
how some new creative/innovative programming ideas that were also free or
inexpensive.

How to implement
I really liked the Digital Storytelling portion of the SRC Summit. I think it would be great to use it with SRC next year. It could be used several ways. First, I think I'd like to make some sort of short clip to promote SRC using Sneaks as a super hero. Also, I think it could be an actual library program for children to make some short videos - maybe even some kind of contest.

Additional learning: 
The graphic novel presentation was also very good. It's not an area of the collection that I'm very familiar with so I will definitely be looking at some of the recommended titles.

No comments: