Thursday, December 18, 2014

Summer Reading Club Summit

Author Name: Diane Kisner
Library System: Ruth Enlow Library of Garrett County

Top 3 things learned:
The information on digital media for SRC that Rachael Stein and Sam Eddington presented was helpful. The App, Shadow Puppet Edu, which is free and designed for kids, offers students an easy way to make videos for storytelling. My hope is to learn more about this App, and apply it to some of my programming.

I was inspired by Marvel Comic Illustrator, Jerry DeCaire. It was very interesting to watch him sketch and share his Marvel-ous talents. What a treat! I hope to use some of the techniques he showed us for my school age students.

Tess Goldwasser presented us with a wide variety of great graphic novels to preview. A list for kids, teens and adults was also handed out.

I found the Share-O-Rama Panel to be most informative. It was made up of a rep from each county and they shared their system's SRC planning process. It was good to hear how presenters are found, where funding comes from, and to learn new ways to gather resources for our SRC programs.

How to implement:
I would like to use some of the follow-up ideas that we brainstormed from Sam & Rachael's presentation. I really liked the idea of making a short video of our local community heroes.

No comments: