Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Connecting the Dots Between Early Childhood Development and Early Literacy

Author Name: Abigail Andrews
Library System: Washington County Free Library

Top 3 things learned:
I learned about the winners of the Maryland Blue Crab Young Reader Award.

I learned about characteristics of books that appeal to children ranging from birth to age five.

I learned about developmental milestones for children ranging from birth to age five.

How to implement: 
By learning about developmental milestones (some of which I knew and some I didn't), I now have a better understanding of what to expect from children attending my storytimes. I also got some new ideas for choosing books that would appeal to children in storytime, as well as early
elementary school students.

Additional learning: 
I had thought the conference would touch more on brain development, and it didn't, so I would like to learn more in that area.

No comments: