Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Improving Services to Customers with Mental Health Issues

Author Name: Carol Richardson-Heft
Library System: Allegany County Library Systems

Top 3 things learned:

  • I learned how to handle patrons who have mental issues when it comes to making their experience in the library a good one.
  • I learned the characteristics of some patrons who may have mental issues and how to handle various issues.
  • I learned that is someone is not good with handling noise or distractions that we can offer headphones to them to make their time in the library more productive if they are using computers

How to implement:
As mentioned above I learned that using headphones with patrons who are sensitive to noise or distractions.

I learned to treat patrons with mental issues with the same courtesy and respect as any other patron.

I learned that providing one on one assistance when helping locate books or helping on computers is a good way to make their experience in the library a good one.

No comments: