Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Making Maker Spaces Programming

Author Name: Cyndi Powell
Library System: Washington County Free Library
Learning Event website: http://www.nicenet.org/

Top 3 things learned:
1. You can have Makerspace programming on any budget.
2. I learned about a lot of online resources for programming ideas. I bookmarked many of the links for future reference.
3. I never knew they had Maker Fairs all over the world. It is an event I would really like to attend some day.

How to implement: 
Makerspace programming has unlimited possibilities. At first this intimidated me, but this class helped me to develop themes for my makerspace programs to have the programs more focused and more manageable. I plan on implementing two makerspace inspired programs. One called Crafterspace, focused on crafting, making and creating. The other program will be called Digi-Spaces, with a focus on computer programing, technology, tinkering, etc.

Additional learning: 
I would like to participate in more makerspace tutorials that are specific to certain types of tools or programs. For example, our library owns a raspberry pi device. I wish I could participate in a training specifically on the raspberry pi, how to set it up and use it, and what can be done with it in relationship to teen programs.

No comments: