Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Joys & Pains of Middle Magagement

I attended the Joys and Pains of Middle Management last month.  The training was very useful for remembering that we are not all the same, nor do we all like dealing with work issues the same way.  Although I had learned about personality types before, it was nice to review and find out that my interpersonal style is expressive.  The training gave me to time to reflect on how I perform as a middle manager (even though I have no authority over those whom I manage). 

After the training, I am trying to apply: thinking of others' interpersonal styles, leading by example, and delegating not only tasks but expectations.  The presenters were very helpful in explaining how they handle management situations and how we can improve our work atmosphere.  Having the opportunity to interact with other middle managers from the region was also valuable.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Melissa - Managing without authority is definitely a topic to explore. Maybe a trainig on that subject would be helpful. Donna O.