Thursday, November 5, 2015

Children's Interest Group Fall 2015 Meeting

Author Name: Aimee Rutt
Library System: Washington County Free Library

Top 3 things learned:
1. I really enjoyed learning about the different story time books and strategies that are used by my colleagues. It was very interesting to learn about what has worked for them and what their patrons enjoy.

2. I enjoyed learning about the Playaway Launchpad! I feel like that will be a very useful tool for our young patrons, and will be an effective way to introduce technology in to their lives.

3. I thought that the "500 by Five" presentation was wonderful! There are so many great things about that program! I love how it not only motivates kids to read, but makes them excited to do so! I would love to see how our patrons would respond if we were to introduce this program in our library system!

How to implement:
1. I will try and implement some of the strategies and books that were introduced by my colleagues in future story times to see how my patrons respond.

2. Whether or not our library system chooses to add the Playaway Launchpads to our collection, I will become more familiar with all of the educational apps that are out there for children.

3. I will teach children and families the importance of reading every chance I get. I will also make sure to read to my own children every night and always have books available to them when I become a parent.

No comments: