Thursday, November 5, 2015

Elementary Algebra

Author Name: Dennis McPherson
Library System: Western Maryland Regional Library

[Hagerstown Community College online class: MyMathLab by Pearson]

Top 3 things learned:
1) How to work with positive and negative numbers (multiplication, division, etc.)
2) The basics of algebra- which really encompasses a lot of different elements.
3) Using graphs for algebraic operations.

How to implement:
This class is required to help me to get to the level I need to take and pass college level algebra, which I will need in order to get my associates degree, which is the next step towards ultimately getting my library degree. As far as implementing it into what I do, I think some of the elements I learned in algebraic problem solving could help me in some degree in my everyday tasks.

Additional learning:
In the future, I will still need to take another algebra course (Mat-100) before I reach the college level algebra required to obtain a degree.

No comments: