Thursday, March 28, 2013

Joys and Pains of Middle Managemant

I have been so busy that this is the first I can write about this workshop.  Since I am only a year in to being a supervisor ( who once was everyone's co-worker)  I was having a hard time with "supervising."  This workshop was great in that it gave me some ideas into how to better resolve some problems.  I also am getting all my co-workers to take the Social Styles Inventory-so I will better be able to communicate with them.  They are finding this fasinating - and we are having lots of discussions about this.  I think the number one thing that I will take away from this workshop - is to not let things go- don't let things fester- talk it out and get the problem solved!  I am an amiable personality - so conflict of any kind - I run from.  I just have to find my voice and things I hope will fall into place.  I really liked this workshop and found many ideas I hope to use.  Great presenters- really helpful.

1 comment:

Julie Z. said...

As someone who has very little supervisory experience, I can appreciate your new-found challenges in your role as branch manager having to supervise your former peers.

I'm glad this workshop has been useful for you and if you ever find yourself with middle-management success stories to share, I hope you post them here!