Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Joys and Pains of Middle Management seminar, March 19, 2013

I really appreciated this seminar!  As a "newbie" to a supervisory position, it was very helpful for me to learn from others about various personality styles and how to interact effectively with others who are different from me.  I learned to consider these individual traits when I am addressing issues so that I can help them to assimilate the instructions easily and without undue tensions whenever possible. 

Other suggestions that were helpful were to look for ways to assist my supervisor and to make a set of core values for myself personally which will help me in my decision making.

Thanks to the presenters for doing an excellent job!
Suzanne Bonser
Ruth Enlow Library
Circulation Supervisor

1 comment:

Julie Z. said...

This is great, Suzanne. It sounds like you and Connie (in Allegany county) are in a similar boat - fairly new supervisors to former peers. I'm glad this workshop gave you some tools to try and techniques to keep in mind!