Friday, June 21, 2013

Conducting Effective Performance Reviews

                Andre Jones was an effective speaker presenting on the topic of performance reviews.  The presentation gave me a lot to think about in terms of how we facilitate our reviews at the branch.  The branches are already in the process of revamping our evaluations so this training could not have come at a better time.  It was also refreshing to know that I was already ahead of the game when it came to completing reviews as we’ve already written branch expectations, went over job descriptions, etc. 

Since the training, I have listed out all staff goals and plan to review them quarterly.  I hope to implement a new monthly special activity sheet that includes a section where goals are listed, so that employees will be reminded of their goals on a monthly basis. An employee’s review is coming up in July so I hope to practice some of the new techniques I have learned, such as: filling out the review with the employee, choosing goals to help them exceed current performance, and using effective words in the review.

No comments: